Last modified: April 9, 2018
TRIDENT DESIGN, LLC (“Company” or “We”) respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website www.tridentinvents.com (our “Website”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
1. On this Website.
2. In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
3. Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
4. When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
5. When you register your name and email on one of our forms.
It does not apply to information collected by:
1. us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
2. any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 13
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
1. by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, or telephone number, or (“personal information”);
2. that you provide to us, as more thoroughly described below, and
3. about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website and usage details.
We collect this information:
1. Directly from you when you provide it to us.
2. Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies, web beacons and other tracking technologies.
Information You Provide to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
1. Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website so that we may provide pricing or further services.
2. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Website.
3. Information in the form of the submission of your invention and/or related ideas.
4. Information which is specific to your invention.
5. Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
6. Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
7. Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, “posted”) on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk and are not confidential. Although [we limit access to certain pages/you may set certain privacy settings for such information by logging into your account profile], please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Information We Collect through Automatic Data Collection Technologies. As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including:
1. Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
2. Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically may include personal information, or we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
1. Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
2. Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
3. Speed up your searches.
4. Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
2. Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices about How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
3. Web Beacons. Pages of our Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs. pixel tags and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an e-mail and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
1. To present our Website and its contents to you.
2. To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
3. To provide you with customized site content and targeted offers.
4. To respond to your inquiries.
5. To verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with promotions, contests and sweepstakes.
6. To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
7. To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
8. To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
9. To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
10. To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
11. In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
12. For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our own goods and services that may be of interest to you. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
We may use the information we have collected from you to enable us to display advertisements to our advertisers’ target audiences. Even though we do not disclose your personal information for these purposes without your consent, if you click on or otherwise interact with an advertisement, the advertiser may assume that you meet its target criteria.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
1. To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
2. To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business.
3. To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by the Company about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
4. For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
5. With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
1. To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
3. If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
2. Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish to have your e-mail address/contact information used by the Company to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional e-mail, you may send us a return e-mail asking to be omitted from future e-mail distributions. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience or other transactions.
3. Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can opt-out by sending us an e-mail stating your request to email@example.com.
4. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (”NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
By using our Website you grant us the right to retain your information. This right will survive termination of your supply agreement, if any, and your use of our Website.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a private link in order to return to where you left off of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this link confidential. We ask you not to share your link with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.